If you can’t tell, I’m a visual kind of person. Seeing a visible calendar or checklist helps me stay on track for most things. I make lots of lists. Of course given that I have a slippery mind, some of those lists get lost and never used. That’s okay! I just make another one. 😉
After reading, Mini Habits in May, I started using a desk calendar to keep track of my mini-habit goals. I kept my targets very similar for May and June. I’ve decided to keep them the same this month. Asking myself if any of them were truly habits yet made me stop and really analyze them. They are not YET habits. Getting close…but not yet arrived!
A look back at June…
- Read 2 pages every single day–√ I don’t think there was ever a day I read less than 20 or 30 pages. Maybe this month I’ll write down how many pages a day…maybe I won’t though. 😉
- Drink 2 bottles of water every single day–√ Again, I at least did this, but most days I had much more than that.
- Laugh Daily–Almost! I laughed every day but one. It was a stressful day. I should have made myself find something to laugh about, but I didn’t. Still I consider that quite the success. Laughter really is a great medicine!
- Write 50 words a day (week days only)–√ I’m counting this as complete even though there was one week day when I didn’t write at all. There were some weekends when I wrote, I figure that made up for it!
- Have 1 fresh veggie and 1 fresh fruit every single day– 😦 This one did not go well for me. Or should I say I didn’t do well for it? Anyway, I lost focus about half-way through the month. I started to change this mini-habit goal for July, but decided to try again.
Overall, June mini-habit goals work was a success! As I said earlier, I’m keeping the same goals for July. Whoever said a habit is formed in 21 days oversimplified it, I believe. I’m 44 days into this and am just starting to feel like a couple of these are almost habits. Onward!
On to July…
Today, is a new day, a new week, and a new month! Along with the mini-habit goals, I have set some challenges for myself in July!
- Read at least 4 books! (I read five books in June.)
- Finish one crochet project and start another. (I completed one project in June.)
- Be intentional about reaching out to others whether with a card, a call, or some other type of message.
So how did you do in June? Set any goals–mini or otherwise? What about for July? I’d love to hear from you!